University Engagement Initiatives Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Exploratory Design group is seeking an enthusiastic program manager with background in electrical or computer engineering to join a team of highly innovative scientists and engineers and have a strong impact on Apple Hardware Technologies targeted University Engagement initiatives. The ideal candidate would be self-driven with initiative. He or she must have multi-disciplinary skills with a focus in collaboration, relationship building, and technical background problem formulation and solving across a broad set of technologies.
- Typically requires 3 to 5+ years of technical experience, and at least 2+ years of program management experience. Individuals with more experience, can tackle additional responsibilities.
- Experience with research and university level technical curriculum.
- Technical background (e.g. silicon chip engineering; hardware modules/systems; machine learning and data analytics a plus) with first-hand knowledge of any of these specialties to understand systems and technologies and communicate effectively on internal and university projects.
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Proactive and dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience and is data driven.
- Phenomenal leadership skills and ability to encourage team members
- Teamwork: you are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a reciprocal environment.
- Limited domestic and international travel required.
• Drive multi-functional teams including university relations, silicon/module/system engineering, legal, finance, strategic deals, and University administration/faculty/students to deliver creative solutions/engagements. • Define the program plan/schedule and run program execution • Deliver executive communication/presentations and drive the decision-making process. • Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication. • Effectively and consistently communicate overall program status. • Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and deftly. • Improve the system: look for patterns, offer validated methodologies and implement change.
Education & Experience
PhD, MS or BS degree in technical discipline