Direct Channel Planner
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Sales Support Operations team at Apple is looking for a dynamic and motivated candidate for the role of Direct Channel Planner. This role requires an ambitious self-starter with a strong work ethic, solid analytic capability, strong leadership skills and excellent communication and collaboration skills. It will involve significant technical expertise with internal tools, interaction with internal departments and cross functional teams. This role will also identify and lead process/system improvement projects and opportunities/gaps inside the Direct Reseller Operations (RO) department.
- 3-5 years of Operations experience
- Expert in SAP and Excel, with the ability to assemble reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Ability to use data and analysis to make decisions and influence others
- Ability to pull and format data for executive summary
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated; able to function effectively when working independently or in a team
- Drive collaboration between Direct RO, Sales, Supply Demand Execution/Management, Logistics and Accounts Receivable on execution gates
- Build a proactive management system to ensure that all backlog “ships clean”
- Ability to facilitate administrative functions for tools used by Reseller Operations including FOX, Tableau, Authorized to Buy, EDI Training, etc.
- Prioritizes workload, managing multiple and often competing tasks, and meets deadlines for a variety of deliverables
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities within Reseller Operations
- The ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, and persistent attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and effectively shift to meet changing business requirements, and rapidly understand complex business process
- Recognize patterns and root cause/sub-root cause analysis and provide feedback to management on how to improve processes that will enhance employee experience
- Ability to influence peers or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations with data-driven models.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, with the ability to tailor the communications to the audience
- Ability to maintain poise and a positive attitude in a challenging, fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Excellent presentation skills
This role will suit a candidate with strong planning and inventory background who can demonstrate an excellent understanding of the order cycle & execution process, within a dynamic and fast-moving environment. The individual will be responsible for ongoing backlog management and process improvement in partnership with leadership and Sales. Act as SSO’s key point of contact for all Direct Reseller Operations backlog related activities. Effectively cope with change in an ambiguous environment. Analyze strategic data for gaps in execution and processing. Ensure that the teams are aware of all backlog gates related to their line of business and have details to action them. Present executive summaries of key data, metrics and execution plans to Management and partners.
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree in Business, Mathematics or Engineering or equivalent experience in Operations/Supply Chain.