Business Affairs, App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Business Affairs Manager is responsible for maintaining industry relationships and to secure rights clearances in connection with the marketing of Apps, and other third party content. This content is used in global marketing communications including on the App Store, direct marketing, social media, pr and events. This person will have a highly collaborative attitude and keep communication flowing efficiently to ensure rights are secured and processes are being followed with regards to licensing, production, legal clearance, etc. Liaises with App Store Marketing, Creative teams and producers to understand what the deliverables are, and how the content will be used in each piece, in order to negotiate appropriate usage rights. Works closely with other teams within Apple — including the larger Business Affairs team, as well as local teams within the App Store, and WW Developer Relations to secure appropriate content, and Apple’s Legal group in researching trademark and legal issues, and providing the business context for contract negotiations.
- Minimum 5+ years advertising, marketing or production management experience
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of Apple technology (iPhone, iPad, apps, Mac, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and calm approach
- Demonstrated ability to be effective and to exercise influence in a complex organization; exercising sound strategic, legal and business judgment in challenging situations; independent and proactive
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with employees
- Team player willing to work with staff at all levels
- Excellent problem-solving skills and pragmatic legal judgement
- High degree of flexibility and availability to travel as needed
- Proficient working knowledge of Keynote, Numbers and Pages.
Work with third party entities to secure consent and clear rights when referencing their assets Monitor and ensure compliance with procedures and policies with vendors, talent, licensing and publishing Facilitate internal communication between teams so projects are moving forward (flag local legal issues, content constraints, timing, etc.) Maintain communication with team leads to make sure information is flowing properly, action items are clear, and issues are escalated at the right time and to the right people Work with multiple teams and provide a legal perspective advice and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including trademarks and copyrightsAssess, manage and communicate risks, and advise team leads concerning risk, exposure and strategic options Manage third party content review process Educate teams on legal and third part content in order to ensure teams are working efficiently Maintain business affairs process deck, releases, and trackers for all projects
Education & Experience
JD a plus, Bachelors Degree required.