Cellular Systems Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and drive innovation that matters! As part of the Wireless team you we will be working on building solutions for Wireless technologies. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Wireless Performance Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Minimum 5-7 years hands on experience in system engineering/System Performance analysis role at a Chipset/OEM or infrastructure company.
- Deep knowledge of 5G PHY/MAC as well end to end system knowledge (higher layers)
- Past work experience in projects involving RF/modem performance and power improvements
- Familiarity with 5G/NR/mmWave is required.
- Experience in areas such as ultra low latency and various services for 5G is a big plus.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with end to end System Performance characterization/testing/tuning.
- Proven track record of project work from concept to commercialization
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with network emulators, carriers is a plus.
Cellular Software Performance team is looking for candidates with RF SW and L1 FW architecture, primarily focussed on 5G systems including but not limited to mmWave, MIMO, LAA, Carrier Aggregation and beam forming. Familiarity with 5G modem systems/mmWave technology or Advanced WLAN modems is a huge plus. You will be responsible for proposing and driving architectural improvements to RF/modem solutions for future iPhone, iPad and Watch product lines with emphasis on improving the overall user experience in terms of performance and power (battery life). You will also be responsible for various use case system analysis and enhancements , especially in 5G space. We expect you to be hands relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work cross functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test, QA and carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals from concept to commercialization. You will be required to develop advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities on an as needed basis.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.
- - Phenomenal teammate with good interpersonal skills Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- - Laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers