Connected Media Lab Assistant
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
The Connected Media Team is looking for a proactive and highly detail-oriented Lab Assistant who can help handle and maintain the large volume of third-party devices our team works with on a daily basis. This includes televisions, audio receivers, printers, and other consumer electronics. This role will be an essential resource for running the ever-larger number of devices supporting the AirPlay and AirPrint ecosystems.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience setting up consumer AV equipment (at least two of the following: TVs, AVRs, Connected Speakers, Printers)
- Experience solving basic home networking setup and configuration issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- STRONGLY DESIRED:
- Proven ability to manage large quantities of shared equipment
- Manual Testing Experience
- Experience troubleshooting consumer AV setup issues
- Experience troubleshooting MacOS / iOS configuration issues
- DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Unboxing & Setup of new televisions, audio devices, printers, and other consumer electronics
- Tracking and distribution of devices throughout the organization
- Tracking and organization of firmware updates for specific products
- Maintenance of functional test configurations used for development and quality analysis
The ideal candidate will be very familiar with consumer AV equipment + standards as well as the Apple ecosystem and AirPlay in particular. In addition, strong candidates will be able to quickly troubleshoot networking and configuration issues, perform basic bug isolation, and gather logs. The candidate should be able to learn quickly, adapt to changing requirements, and a deal with large number of heterogeneous devices.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.