Product Manager, Apple Pay eCommerce
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! We are seeking an expert product management professional to join the Apple Pay team to shape up the future of Apple Pay for eCommerce. In this position you will be in charge of analyzing the eCommerce market and ecosystem, identifying use cases, and product features to define, implement, and launch the next key iteration of Apple Pay. The role will be cross-functional requiring collaboration especially with Engineering, Project Management, Design, and Business Development teams. It will also require engagements with payment networks, payment gateways/ processors, and eCommerce platforms. We are looking for Product Manager with deep card payment expertise, especially in the domain of Card Not Present (CNP) including business models, fraud mitigating technologies (e.g. 3-D Secure, SRC, tokenization), and government regulations. We expect you to use your deep knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem/value chains and understanding of challenges/opportunities stakeholders’ (e.g. merchants, platforms, payment networks) face with CNP payments. You will focus on regional specificities, challenges/opportunities, solutions for those within the current Apple Pay product mix, and address those in future product releases. You will coordinate and lead cross-regional forums and regular workshops to that end. You will assess regional regulation (e.g. PSD2) impact on Apple Pay and propose mitigation paths. You will have the opportunity to assist regional teams with growth-hacking, developing standard methodologies and other documentation, and provide product marketing support for eCommerce launches. This is a full time position located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- 12+ years of professional experience with 8+ years in product management in eCommerce and payments.
- Direct working experience with key eCommerce ecosystem players including: internet retailers, ride share apps or other online-to-offline services, eCommerce platforms, PSPs, payment networks, wallet providers.
- Deep expertise of card payment products and strong technical skills.
- Shown success in positions of leadership including recruiting, developing, and encouraging strong teams.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external collaborators.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative) and to drive appropriate performance tracking.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive decision-making across stakeholders.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering with minimal mentorship.
Engage at very senior levels and guide executives internally and externally through vision and tactical execution. Lead and support cross-functional teams through all aspects of business case development, product requirements, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. Provide regular communications to senior management on strategy and results. Travel required, both nationally and internationally.
Education & Experience
B.A. /B.S. required, MBA preferred