Technical Operations Engineer, WWDR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job?At Apple there's no telling what you could accomplish! Apps are changing the world, enriching peoples lives, and enabling developers to innovate like never before. As a result, the App Store has grown into an exciting and dynamic ecosystem for millions of developers and more than a billion users. We're growing and if you would like to contribute to the world's greatest app store, we encourage you to apply. As a Technical Operations Engineer at App Review, you will be responsible for maintaining the tools and services that allow us to accomplish our business objectives. In this role, your focus will be monitoring and troubleshooting complex applications that support the team. This position plays an integral part in the deployment and management of iOS and Mac devices that are used for review.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting client/server applications
- Have thorough knowledge of macOS, iOS, iPad OS, tvOS, watchOS
- A deep understanding of configuration profiles, MDM, and security profiles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Familiar with interpreting network logs (.har,chls, etc.)
- Dedicated and inquisitive individual who will effectively question the norm and provide scalable solutions
- Thrives in a rapidly changing ambiguous environment, whilst working closely with cross-functional teams
- You have integrity and sound judgment that is rooted in data driven analysis
- In-depth understanding of the App Store ecosystem and application submission process
- Knowledge of relational databases, web applications, web APIs, and experience with data warehouse
- Self-starter, demonstrating ability to evaluate workflows using internal & external tools
- Experience writing technical documentation in an easily digestible format
The App Review organization within Apple’s Worldwide Developer Relations, works to review and make decisions on apps submitted by developers around the world. Our primary objective is to provide an exceptional experience for our internal customers through responsive, detailed and effective support processes. Principal Duties and Responsibilities: - Providing OnCall support—including weekends and holidays—to end users for various systems and device issues - Creating and maintain technical documentation to aid in troubleshooting and overall growth of the App Review Knowledge Base - Supporting and maintain services by troubleshooting, measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health for the App Review organization - Using JAMF to inventory, configure and provision computers and mobile devices
Education & Experience
BA/BS (or equivalent experience) preferred with strong technical knowledge
- For this position, Apple does not sponsor applicants for work visas or relocation.
- Flexible to work weekends and holidays.