Wireless SoC Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Come to Apple and work within a team to deliver a broad range of wireless technologies. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. Apple seeks a technical leader to program manage our groundbreaking cellular RF chipsets to meet performance, quality and schedule requirements for Apple products. You will be responsible for multi-functional team coordination, communication and representation across the RF systems and silicon engineering ecosystem from concept to production. Technical background crafting silicon for RF Systems design and/or SoC products will be key to your success in this role. Ideally, you will also have project management experience in some aspect of RF chip design, VLSI chip design, and/or cellular platform/system development. You will also work in a multidimensional engineering environment where advanced multi-tasking skills and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 5+ years of experience working in RF systems and/or SoC silicon development.
- Knowledge of wireless systems for 2 or more modern communications standards, 4G and/or 5G cellular systems/standards preferred.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative thinker with ability to lead technical teams and multi-functional groups against plans.
- High tech industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Ambitious and dedicated with validated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Lead RF system/SoC development across several projects simultaneously and meet execution targets. • Drive closure of technical requirements/specifications with cellular system partners, monitoring requirements compliance, handling issues, and track bugs. • Work with multi-functional teams and organizations to drive progress on dependencies for architectural silicon tape-outs, integration and ramp. • Track schedules for all development phases: architecture, design, prototyping, silicon bring-up, system bring-up, validation, integration and production ramp. • Anticipate risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution. • Drive resolution of technical issues between functional teams: RF systems, Technology, IP owners, design, digital verification, design-for-test, packaging, reliability, firmware/software, characterization, test, etc. • Provide regular program status presentations for executive review. • Distill large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to partners and organizations at all levels.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline