Camera Custom Silicon Lead/Architect - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges. In this role, you will contribute to the development of next-generation camera hardware and drive integrated circuit development. You will work on custom silicon IC development lead and architect with in-depth understanding from system to chip architecture down to block level design details. You will have broad EE, fundamental physics and signal processing skills and offers a mixture of system architecture, chip level circuit design, board level circuit design.
- Complex analog/mixed signal IC development management experience
- Proven track of record with entire IC development all the way to large volume production ramp-up.
- You will have understanding of board level design/constraints.
- Understanding embedded FW/host SW interaction
- Broad range of engineering knowledge and/or expertise.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Past experience of independence in designing complex systems.
- Strong understanding of EE fundamentals.
- Strong commitment to going above and beyond to get work done at the highest quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the development and analysis of experiments to root- cause challenging electrical problems.
- Experience in the fields of autofocus and optical stabilizations (AF/OIS) drivers, sensing and controls, voice coil motor (VCM) drivers, and optical sensing systems and silicon is a plus
Analog/mixed signal IC development from requirement to delivering throughout entire development with vendor including vendor selection. Driving IC development with technical review followed by providing feedback and guidance throughout entire development. Working with cross-functional teams including mechanical, optical, firmware, product/test and camera systems engineers to define IC requirement. Developing emulation platform with discrete design or FPGA based Providing IC specific and broad electrical engineering support to camera HW and cross functional teams. Reviewing and providing guidance for board level design including associated components, signals and power supply. Reviewing and providing vendor verification plan/results. Reviewing and providing guidance internal validation plan/results.
Education & Experience
Preferred MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Some travel may be required