Design Producer, Packaging
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We believe strongly that design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. And the Design Team is at the creative core of Marcom. The Design Producer will play a central part in upholding these values and driving innovation and creativity though our design work. This role provides day to day management of the creative development and implementation of product packaging and associated materials. The design producer works closely with key stakeholders across Marcom, Product Marketing and Industrial Design at Apple.
- 5-8 years of creative management experience
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to proactively establish rapport, credibility and influence, and drive results through projects with key stakeholders.
- A solid understanding of the creative development process and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to maintain workflows, internal reviews and schedules across multiple stakeholders and departments.
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional follow-through skills and an ability to focus on creative goals.
- A self-starter who is resourceful and has the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- General knowledge of print production process.
- Strong ability to flex and work in an often ambiguous environment.
This role is design-led and will focus on delivering best in class work for specific product launches. Responsibilities include partnering closely with the Marcom design team to determine the creative expression for Apple’s product packaging. This includes but is not limited to photography, copy and graphics on product packaging and any associated collateral pieces and product identities/logos. Preferred past experience working through the full design journey from project inception through to file delivery. While helpful, this role does not require a strong understanding or focus on operations or packaging supply chain details. It requires a thorough understanding of the design process and the ability to form strong partnerships and build relationships with key decision makers along the project lifecycle. The position works cross-functionally with other internal groups at Apple to create product packaging and ensure creative objectives are well defined and appropriately executed. This requires a strong ability to facilitate creative execution, to manage the approval process across multiple stakeholders, and to ensure they are appropriately reflected within the on-package and in-box communications. Day-to-day responsibilities include managing creative development, organizing presentations, managing approval processes and schedules. The position works closely with other teams within Marcom (including Creative, Photography, Editing, Production and Studio) and outside of Marcom (including Product Marketing and Industrial Design). A successful Producer must be able to simultaneously manage several projects with various timelines and multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate has an eye and passion for design with a strong attention to detail. This person must be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred.