Accessories Systems Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for consumer electronic devices and the ways they enrich customers’ lives? Are you excited by the challenge of solving complex problems that directly impact product quality and the customer experience? We are the Product Systems Quality team, and we are searching for a highly motivated and creative engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You’ll join a dynamic team of hardworking engineers responsible for driving the quality of Apple Accessories and their integration in the iOS/macOS ecosystems. We design, automate and execute end-to-end testing to deliver amazing experiences to our customers. You’ll use your technical expertise to solve difficult problems at the intersection of Hardware/Software/Firmware. You’ll collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to highlight and represent key issues and drive them to resolution.
- Systems Minded: Strong system-level understanding of core consumer electronics technologies like USB, Thunderbolt, Inductive/wireless charging (i.e. Qi), NAND, etc.
- Customer Focused: Passionate about championing the customer experience and committed to quality
- Great Teammate: Positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Priority Driven: Adaptable and comfortable working in a continually changing and fast-paced environment driving large scale projects
- Solution Oriented: Innovative in finding new ways to solve problems and improve team impact
- Technically Agile: Ready to dive deep into technical areas but able to share takeaways effectively with non-technical audiences
- Data Driven: Able to analyze and distill meaningful insight from large data and make quantitative assessments
- Exec Presence: Ability to efficiently articulate key points and make the connection to customer impact
- Work within and beyond the immediate team to intelligently design and execute test plans - Author/leverage automation as a validation force-multiplier in solving complex quality challenges - Collaborate with Software, Hardware, QA and Program Management teams to ensure requirements are collectively understood and executed - Identify and isolate key issues. Work cross-functionally to drive bugs to resolution. - Be the champion for quality in every phase of the development process
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience