Core ML - Software Development Engineer - Infrastructure and Quality
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple's CoreML Machine Learning Infrastructure and Quality team is seeking a highly motivated and detail oriented software engineer to drive innovations in quality for on device intelligence. The right candidate for this position is passionate about delivering the best possible experience for our users and is continuously looking for new ways to measure and improve the quality of our software stack and infrastructure. Additionally, having the ability to switch between designing creative product usage scenarios and immersive analysis of detailed feature design will be a critical skill to possess.
- Strong Python programming skills
- Strong programming skills in at least one of C, C++, Obj-C or Swift
- Solid understanding of Operating System concepts
- In depth knowledge of QA practices and fundamentals
- Experience with Machine Learning, its common practical applications, and commonly used frameworks (e.g. Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn)
- Experience developing apps for mobile devices
- Working knowledge of web-services
- Possess the capability to accept ambiguity and deliver extraordinary results on tight schedules
Your primary responsibility will be to define, measure, and improve the quality of on-device machine learning technologies at Apple by developing infrastructure, automation and services which facilitate validation and qualification of these technologies. You will be working cross-functionally with many teams across Apple impacting all levels of the Apple’s on device machine learning stack including hardware, drivers, frameworks and developer tools. In addition you will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive automated test plans. You will be the voice of our customers, championing quality software development through each step of the development process and driving quality improvements throughout the organization.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. In Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of experience.