CNC Engineer - APL
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Advanced Process Lab is a unique facility with equipment dedicated to developing & optimizing processes for the Manufacturing Design team. Your role will be to lead the execution of CNC projects under oversight of various engineering teams.
- 3-7 years of hands-on CNC and machining and programming experience
- 3-5 years of experience with CAM programming from solid models required
- Experience with Fanuc CNC controllers required
- Experience with set-up and running of CNC equipment required
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Ability to complete report-outs and communication of work completed required
- Experience with simultaneous 5-axis machining a plus
- Technical degree preferred
- Experience with manual mills, lathes, saws, and hand tools
- Ability to select and set-up appropriate cutting tools for CNC equipment
- Proficiency with shop measurement tools required - calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many different projects
- Lift up to 20 pounds regularly
- Push/pull to move equipment
In this role, you will be exposed to machining equipment that is used to manufacture Apple mechanical enclosures. Programming and support of CNC equipment will involve the following tasks: • Program CNC equipment using CAM software and 3D solid models • Review existing CNC programs and processes for optimization & cycle time reduction • Design / build required fixturing for CNC projects • Complete various experiments to determine the best cutting tools and parameters • Use manual mills and lathes for quick turn-around of unique components • Excellent written and verbal communication skills required for reporting detailed analysis
Education & Experience
BS in Mechanical Engineer preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.