Sr. Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iOS/macOS Quality team is looking for a Senior QA Engineer with strong fundamentals and a desire to work with amazing teams at Apple. Every individual on our team makes a difference. We excel at software validation on our devices to ensure that we have an amazing product everywhere we ship. As part of the iOS/macOS Quality team, you will perform detailed black-box testing and update and develop test documentation. You will also be responsible for coordinate testing with other teams and presenting data to our leadership.
- 5+ years working in software testing
- Ability to independently lead projects
- Advanced proficiency with iOS, macOS, or other operating systems
- Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems and independently work towards results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed for managing projects and processes with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment
In this role you will be responsible for defining test strategies, expanding and executing our current test cases for complex, cross-functional features. You will coordinate testing with other teams, review test plans and related documentation, monitor progress and get sign-offs at key milestones. You will need to be able to process data from multiple sources, draw meaningful conclusions, and present actionable data to stakeholders. You must be flexible and able to bounce between varied tasks efficiently. You must have a passion for an exceptional user interface and a dedication to delivering the highest quality products.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience testing or developing apps
- Project management experience
- Data analysis experience