Apple Support Area Manager
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Support and Service
We are looking for an Area Manager who will run large and complex Apple Support teams. You will be responsible for leading Team Managers and have direct accountability and ownership for your teams results. Area Managers are accountable for service quality, staffing productivity, efficiency and ensuring consistent world-class customer satisfaction. You achieve a high standard of excellence by demonstrating mastery in functional areas, anticipating broader business needs and translating strategic goals into tactical plans. You lead day to day operational execution while influencing and empowering your team to take calculated and courageous risk. You’re an influential leader who challenges the status quo and inspires creativity into action This position is on-site at our corporate office in Chengdu.
- 5+ years leading a technical support team in a contact centre or retail environment
- Fluency in Mandarin, Simplified Chinese, and English
- Proven track record of collaborating across the business to drive financial and operational improvements
- Compelling, consistent, clear communicator who can articulate the vision of the organization and galvanizes others into action
- Ability to empower and drive the team’s performance and be accountable to AppleCare business priorities
- Experience developing and mentoring Team Managers for current and future organizational needs
- A genuine love for customers and a history of driving customer-impacting change
- Consistently superior metrics in comparison to staff averages while being able to detect, analyze, and take action on trends and underlying behaviors
At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the kind of creativity and innovation that only comes about when talented people from diverse backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, impress, engage and inspire. We focus on all the small details to have the biggest impact. Area Managers have a balance of customer and business focus and have a passion to develop future leaders. You will drive engagement that aligns to Apple Support Credo and Culture at all levels. You will lead team managers that support our current advisors that provide focused customer support for Apple products/services. - Drive performance and accountability to business priorities while connecting each team member to the big picture - Analyze your business to identify trends and resolve critical focus areas; formulate a strategy that effectively drives performance improvement and employee engagement that is consistent with Apple values - Expertly support, guide and enable your teams decisions - Facilitate appropriate change management within the organisation as per the business goals - Demonstrate integrity in all engagements, while fostering trust - Cultivate meaningful relationships and is invested in the development of individuals inside and outside of their team - Evaluate, empower and coach to the overall success of your organization - Continually seek and implement best practices for quality and cost reduction by improving productivity and efficiencies - Make Apple better. Share feedback and insights about events impacting customer and employee experience
Education & Experience
Masters/Bachelors degree ideally, however applicants with equivalent experience in this area will also be considered.
- The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.