Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is looking for an employment attorney to join Apple’s Legal Department to support Apple’s original video content efforts worldwide.
- 5+ years relevant law firm experience
- Experience with new-media productions
- Experience handling union/guild grievances and arbitrations
- Experience managing and completing complex projects
- Excellent knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations (including ADA, ADEA, FMLA, CFRA, FLSA, etc.)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong client relation skills
- Experience working directly with management
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism
- Experience overseeing child labor compliance preferred
Primary responsibilities will be to provide advice and counsel to management and Human Resource professionals on a broad range of employment issues including: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; wage and hour compliance; EEO compliance; restrictive covenants; and contingent worker issues. Additional responsibilities include facilitating employment law training and managing outside counsel on employment litigation matters.
Education & Experience
JD, excellent academic credentials