Employee Relations Business Partner, Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products they create the kind of wonder thats revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Summary The Employee Relations Business Partner (ERBP) provides consulting and direction regarding employee relations matters to managers, leaders and employees within the Retail organization. Key objectives include legal compliance and adherence to Apple policies is met in a consistent, objective and fair fashion that fosters the Credo. This is accomplished by a deep partnership with the Centers of Excellence’s (COE’s) connecting to development, assessment and talent pipeline.
- 5+ years HR experience related to employee relations preferred
- Experienced in balancing multiple priorities, stakeholders and work streams across markets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated command skills and an ability to influence others
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with managers and HR colleagues
- Exceptional communication skills including effective listening, writing and presentation
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Large corporation HR/ER experience preferred
Identify, analyze and implement resolutions to complex and highly sensitive employee relations issues, including unusual situations where precedents for resolution are unavailable. Consult and influence market leadership teams regarding critical and complex employee relations decisions, e.g., performance management, harassment, business conduct, terminations, and HR policies, guidelines and practices. These decisions may have critical impact on the organization and involve a large degree of risk. Evaluate and review employee related decisions in response to employee concerns. Conduct investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations. Conduct workplace violence assessments and implement response plans as needed. Develop, communicate and implement company-wide employee relations programs, policies, and procedures. Conduct investigations with varied levels of complexity Conduct training for HR, ER and line management on employee relations topics. Use ER metrics with clients to determine trends and develop proactive strategies to foster positive ER in the business.
Education & Experience
- This role can be located in a home based office in the Los Angeles area.
- Priority Setting
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.