Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The iOS/macOS Quality team is looking for a dedicated and accomplished Manager. You will lead and inspire a team of engineers who are responsible for the quality assurance and testing of our software broadly across multiple functional areas. This is a unique opportunity to drive the quality of iOS and macOS across our exciting and dynamic platforms.
- 5+ years leading a QA or Software Development team
- Advanced proficiency with iOS, macOS, or other operating systems
- Ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Experience managing projects and processes cross-functionally
- Experience testing and shipping entire operating systems/platforms
- Connect and build relationships for cross-functional teams
- Executive-level presentation skills
- Ability to describe how you have led team members to improve and develop their skill-sets and measurable accomplishments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
We are looking for an ambitious leader with strong technical and social skills. You will be managing a team of QA testers focusing on automation and black-box testing that impacts iOS and macOS. You will drive the testing, data gathering, and project reporting for your team. You will coordinate testing with other teams, review test plans and related documentation, monitor progress and get sign-offs at key milestones. You will process data from multiple sources, draw meaningful conclusions, and present valuable recommendations to leadership. You must be flexible and able to bounce between varied tasks efficiently. An ideal candidate must be skilled at taking initiative and working with your team and others to bring assignments to completion. You must have a passion for great user interfaces and a dedication to delivering the highest quality products. You must be able to manage a diverse team effectively and draw on each team members’ strengths to deliver excellent results.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Some international travel