Product Manager, Apple Pay eCommerce
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gravitate in order to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! We are seeking an expert product management professional to join the Apple Pay team to develop new, digitally engaging eCommerce experiences using Apple Pay. Recent years have seen the explosion of online-to-offline (O2O) services (e.g. ride share, food delivery, bike share, pay-at-the-table, and remote fueling apps). We expect this person to take charge of identifying, developing and launching key Apple Pay features to help accelerate adoption of such services. Beyond payment, the role will contribute to the development of experience trigger points such as NFC tags, QR codes, other enablers, and new eCommerce channels. To that end, you will closely collaborate with Engineering, business development, design, and other Apple teams. You will engage with key ecosystem players to understand requirements, validate assumptions, and develop a go-to market strategy. This role will demonstrate a deep expertise in NFC and eCommerce especially O2O services to define go-to market, results analyses, and provide product marketing recommendations. You should have card payment expertise including business models, fraud mitigating technologies (e.g. 3-D Secure, SRC, tokenization). You will need to use your deep knowledge of the eCommerce ecosystem/value chains and what challenges/opportunities stakeholders’ (e.g. service providers, platforms, payment networks) face with consumer awareness/adoption with O2O services. This position will need to understand regional specificities, challenges/opportunities, and solutions for those within Apple Pay's current and future product mix. You will have the opportunity to assist regional teams with growth-hacking, developing standard methodologies and other documentation, and provide product marketing support for O2O eCommerce launches. This is a full time position located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- 12+ years of professional experience with 8+ years in product management in eCommerce and payments.
- Direct working experience with key eCommerce ecosystem players including: internet retailers, ride share apps or other online-to-offline services, eCommerce platforms, PSPs, payment networks, wallet providers.
- Deep expertise of card payment products and strong technical skills.
- Shown success in positions of leadership including recruiting, developing, and encouraging strong teams.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external collaborators.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative) and to drive appropriate performance tracking.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- Outstanding written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive decision-making across partners.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic, high energy environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering with minimal mentorship.
Engage at very senior levels and guide executives internally and externally through vision and tactical execution. Lead and support cross-functional teams through all aspects of business case development, product requirements, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. Provide regular communications to senior management on strategy and results. Travel required, both nationally and internationally.
Education & Experience