Cellular RF System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We have built the best wireless hardware design Team in the world. Are you a hardworking and innovative individual wanting to join us as an RF Cellular System Engineer? As a key member of our RF Systems Engineering and Architecture Team, you will help drive cellular wireless technology and innovation, for our next generation products used by millions.
- We value your 5+ years of relevant experience in RF and digital signal processing including direct expertise in transmitter, receiver architectures, and system design. But never satisfied with your knowledge so continually study, research, and collaborate to grow.
- Experience in full system view on the function and budgeting of analog vs. digital parts, on e.g. EVM, ACLR and spurious response, the interaction with external components, and you strive actively to improve performance year over year. You have a good understanding of potential issues for platform integration and are able to derive solutions for complex issues.
- We trust you have deep understanding of the control requirements of the Baseband to RF interface and the general signal processing requirements on the overall system. You comprehend the functions of the cellular modem from the antenna to the BB.
- In depth understanding of transmitter architectures, RF power amplifiers, linearization techniques (e.g. DPD), and envelope tracking. You also understand how these technologies can be used to improve transmitter performance in the areas of linear RF output power, OOBE, and power consumption.
- You have extensive knowledge of the 3GPP cellular radio standards and carrier requirements including their implications on overall radio architectures and RF system design.
- Analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Strong Technical Writing Skills.
In your role as the Cellular RF System Engineer, you will contribute as part of an elite RF Systems Cellular Team. Our goal is to drive cellular radio technologies addressing GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR and beyond. You will work closely with RFIC design teams, and suppliers to assess, scope, and ultimately drive Cellular RF technology innovation to meet the challenges of next generation wireless products. Occasional travel including international may be required.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in electrical engineering required.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.