Asset Operations Specialist (Distribution) - Video Operations - Apple Media Products
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it Job Summary The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Product, is seeking an Asset Operations Specialist (Distribution) for Asset distribution, servicing and tracking for Apple branded original content. We’re growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, TV App Services, Video Services, Music Video Content, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years’ experience in Asset Distribution Operations at a studio, television network, or high level mastering facility.
- We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of episodic distribution servicing workflows.
- Apple specific delivery workflow.
- You have are knowledgeable of Audio/Video containers, codecs, and file formats.
- You are comfortable working with UDP accelerators such as, Aspera and Signiant.
- You must be collaborative, organized and a team player.
- You must work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times.
- You are able to manage multiple expectations in a fast paced environment.
- You have strong presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture
The Asset Operations Specialist will be responsible for executing and oversee the following: Day to day scheduling, tracking, and verification of distribution orders. You would support and execute ordering deliverables assets (video/audio) for internal stakeholders and 3rd party clients/vendors. Monitor all milestone and delivery due dates, update schedules, issue alerts if schedules are falling behind, and report status throughout final delivery to AMP Video Services and other stakeholders Ensure all title/Series information and metadata is available in inventory & tracking systems. Create purchases orders for distribution services, reconcile invoices for final approval and payment. Demonstrated working knowledge of digital archival principle, collection management, migration and preservation. Other responsibilities as assigned by Management
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 5-7+ years’ experience in asset distribution (preferably to the iTunes and/or TV App platforms)