Asset Operations Specialist - Data I/O and Delivery - Video Operations - Apple Media Products
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it Job Summary The Video Operations group, part of Apple Media Product, is seeking a Asset Operations Specialist for Data I/O and delivery for Apple branded original content. We’re growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Video Operations team focuses on creating the premiere video experience for all content types, with impact throughout the industry, for a worldwide digital audience. Ideal candidates are not only passionate about entertainment, but also care deeply about the customer experience, and can contribute to a diverse organization with expertise in Partner Relations, TV App Services, Video Services, Music Video Content, Technical Operations, and Quality Control. Our responsibilities include working with internal partners, ingestion of all video, audio, and ancillary assets, collaborating with developers on integration into our platforms & services, along with supporting localization, accessibility, quality control and more. We are a group of self-starters that thrive in a team oriented environment, utilizing analytical skills to compliment problem-solving abilities, to arrive at efficient solutions— all in order to support our collective goal of providing a truly extraordinary global customer experience for our EST/VOD, OTT, and subscription platforms.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years’ experience in Asset Operations at a Studio, Television Network, and/or large entertainment vendor facility.
- We are looking for someone with advanced knowledge in the following areas:
- You are comfortable working with UDP accelerators such as, Aspera and Signiant, both P2P and Web variants.
- You must have previous experience managing Aspera account setup and configuration.
- You must be comfortable working and managing network storage volumes.
- You have a strong knowledge and understanding of delivery workflows, manifest files and hash generations such as MD5, SHA-1, XXHASH.
- You are knowledgeable of Audio/Video containers, codecs, and file formats to ensure materials being delivered meet expectations.
- You must be collaborative, organized and a team player.
- You must work well under pressure and with tight turnaround times.
- You are able to manage multiple expectations in a fast paced environment.
- You must have the ability to make decision independently.
- You have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to see the big picture.
- You are able to work in a changing and evolving environment.
The Asset Operations Specialist Data I/O and Delivery will be responsible for executing and oversee the following: Oversee the day to day scheduling, tracking, and verification of assets movements. Working alongside the Mastering and Delivery teams, you would facilitate and support all media deliveries to external parties. Monitor all milestone and partner due dates, update schedules, issue alerts if assets are falling behind expected schedules, and report status throughout delivery process. Data entry Title/Series information and metadata into OMS tracking systems. Other responsibilities as assigned by Management related to assets movements and tracking.
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 5-7+ years’ experience in delivery management and order tracking systems.