Maps Search Senior Deep Learning / ML Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Apple Maps are being used by millions of users every single day and powers thousands of applications. As a fundamental tool for human activity, Maps technology is evolving and new techniques are emerging. As a part of Apple Maps search team, you will play a big part in the next revolution in maps to enable users to find things in maps by working in a high-performing and collaborative environment. You will have plenty of opportunities to create groundbreaking technologies using machine learning and deep learning at scale to improve the search quality for Apple Maps.
- Experience in Deep learning/Computer Vision for image processing
- Experience in Deep Learning in information retrieval domain such as search engines, natural language processing, or similar areas.
- Desire to solve challenging problems at the intersection of user experience and computational algorithms
- Strong programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, Python or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The goal of Maps Search team is to take Apple’s Maps to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using deep learning and artificial intelligence techniques. Engineers and scientists on this team work on a wide spectrum of approaches in improving search experience on Apple Maps. You would work on building solutions using deep learning and computer vision that help improve maps search relevance and experience. You would also work on developing platform foundations that enable other engineers and scientists to develop, evaluate and release algorithms, models and features. We impact millions of users by developing a phenomenal product with a prime focus on accuracy, quality and performance of the product. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation, it is a unique opportunity that sits at the deep learning science and engineering. Ultimately, your work would have a huge impact on millions of users across the globe.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of experience. - PhD preferred. - Experience/knowledge of large scale machine learning applied to very large and diverse datasets (required).
- - Experience/knowledge of search, natural language processing, and
- related fields (preferred)
- - Experience/knowledge of maps technology and related fields
- - Experience/knowledge of working on vision related problems