Fixture Design Associate - Innovation, Retail RE&D
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment where working with a sense of urgency is the norm, come and do your life’s best work at Apple. The Fixture Design Associate will work with Innovation Design Managers on all Initiatives, contributing hands-on technical capabilities, and specifically focused on Merchandising and Fixture design.
- 6+ years of Architecture or Industrial Design, with Furniture industry experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide range of design, construction, and technology specialists.
- Proven strong team skills and ability to develop meaningful internal and external partnerships
- Ability to mange own workflow across multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong knowledge of CAD and presentation tools. Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot, etc knowledge highly desired.
- Self-motivated and an agile learner
Produce presentation computer models, drawings and visualizations of Innovations in development, for internal review, Design Review, Creative Review and Executive Review. Facilitate design studies by developing options for consideration. Produce technical drawings and computer models as needed to support detailed development. Coordinate with consultants and vendors who produce mockups and prototypes, procure samples, and complete shop drawings. Produce assets used to integrate completed Innovations into the Standards documentation. Assist in coordination of mockups and prototypes. Assist in record keeping of documents through the lifecycle of the Initiative.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Architecture preferred