Business Development, Music Content
Culver City, California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and encourage you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. You will be supporting the IS&S (Internet Software & Services) team’s global growth efforts with a focus on developing new partnership opportunities, negotiation of deal framework and terms, as well as supporting special strategic projects.
- 10 years of relevant industry work experience.
- Exceptional understanding of the global music licensing landscape.
- Intimate knowledge of the digital music and content distribution industry.
- Superior business development, negotiation and partnership management skills.
- Proven track record working in international, cross-functional teams and a fast-growing environment.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
We are seeking an authority in label licensing rights to support commercial licensing relating to such rights. This is a key role to aid the rapid expansion and growth of Apple Music, iTunes and all use of musical content across the Apple ecosystem. Does this sound like an amazing opportunity? Build relationships and support business negotiations with music labels around the world. Analyze, interpret and understand data showing the impact of various features and programs on labels and rightsholders. Support regular business reviews with applicable labels to track performance and actively seek opportunities for growth. Work in close partnership with Legal and internal partners such as operations and reporting to negotiate complex licenses with rightsholders to support the expansion of new markets, product features, pricing and commercial programs designed to accelerate the growth of Apple Music. Scope business and financial models for new partnerships, programs and other business initiatives in collaboration with the Business Development team.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related subject, MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- Experience working in commercial and/or licensing roles within the music industry, ideally within labels or music services.
- This position is with the Music Content group and is based in Culver City, CA.