Strategic Data Solutions Intern
Sacramento, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Passion is part of our DNA. The people at Apple strive to bring their best to everything they do every day. We innovate down to the details and bring outstanding products and services to the teams we support. At Apple, we make extraordinary products that empower people to improve their health. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Do you want to be part of a team critical to the success of Apple? Are you a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Business major who is passionate about leading challenging engineering projects? You will apply your educational experience to real-world problems. If you balance pressure and timelines with ease, are an extraordinary teammate and are passionate about the future; we’re looking for you!
- Passion for building data analysis solutions
- Skillset to build NLP algorithm
- Familiarity of Agile Development processes (writing user stories/epics/iterations/sprints/scrum)
- Ability to develop high quality, fast to market solutions (Lean Startup)
- High-level understanding of NoSQL and Big Data technology is highly desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Community participation, including volunteering, desirable
- Flexible, Adaptive, Persevering attitude required
As a member of the Strategic Data Solutions team, you'll be responsible for helping our Partner Experience team better understand the customers, so that we can provide better customer experience and gain insights into how to improve our product. In particular, you’ll focus on using Natural Language Processing (NLP) to design and build a solution that directly affects the Partner Experience team’s ability to serve our customers. How can we get a better pulse on our customers? What’s a trending issue today? How can we influence the information we have to get more insights and take action? As a part of the team, you will work closely with a team of Product Managers and Partner Experience team members to define the project and be exposed to expert engineering and data science teams. Our commitment to you: We will provide you with a challenging opportunity that you will be proud to have accomplished at Apple. As we learn more about you, we’ll help connect you with mentors and teammates that can help guide you in your growth, whether it’s in data science, engineering, project management, or design. We will expose you to extraordinary character-building leadership programs that will prepare you for future leadership opportunities. What we expect: High energy, never say die attitude. Bring your A-Game every single day and be prepared to be the best version of you. Bring your creative energy and be ready to challenge and be challenged to go above and beyond.
Education & Experience
You are currently pursuing a degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, Mathematics, Business or related field with equivalent experience. Returning to a degree-granting program after your internship.
- YOU WILL PERFORM SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- - Develop NLP algorithm
- - Create or update user stories / business requirements for systems development
- - Participate in core project team discussions
- - Responsible for overall project quality on any new development or enhancement
- - Collaborate with other functional area experts to drive project execution
- - Review technical solutions/designs provided by others
- - Collaborate with Partner Experience, Engineering Team and/or Systems Team