System Security Program Manager, AppleCare Support
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
AppleCare team members have a unique opportunity to impact the experience for both internal and external customers. Apple is known for providing the best customer support experience available. AppleCare is a fast-paced, passionate, and team-focused environment where each day is dedicated to surprising and delighting our customers. The System Security PM will define and drive the global strategy for system security and privacy in the AppleCare Contact Center. Security and privacy are core to Apple’s culture. As Tim Cook stated, “…privacy is a fundamental human right.” This individual will oversee a variety of strategic, system implementation initiatives related to improving security and privacy for customers and technical support Advisors. Some of these initiatives could include managing Proof of Concepts (POCs), running change management for large projects, being the AppleCare point of contact and PM for non-AppleCare funded projects, geo expansion, and more. An essential aspect of this role will also be to help generate and run new initiatives for improving our security model. This position could be located in Austin, TX., Sunnyvale, CA., or Elk Grove, CA.
- The ideal candidate is someone with a strong program or project management background with an emphasis in customer experience and/or system implementation.
- Ability to quickly shift from communicating high-level, strategic views to senior leadership to diving deep into the details involved in making system changes.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage large cross-functional teams without direct authority.
- Inherent passion and drive for delivering a world class customer experience
- Experience developing and implementing business strategy and process changes
- Experience with implementing changes to internally-facing software applications, especially highly customized CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce or SAP CRM) or homegrown CRM applications
- Demonstrated System integration experience with an emphasis in system security a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to drive results
- Strong project management and program management experience: planning, scoping, project communication, issue resolution, change management, and risk management
- Strong analytical skills, with a background in business intelligence or data analytics as a plus
- Ability to gain agreement among those at various levels within the organization and successfully communicate across the Contact Center
- Strong solution-focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility, supporting multiple projects of varying complexities and priorities
- Proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly, and escalate appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g., business, information systems, computer science, computer programing, mathematics, or engineering)
This role will be positioned within the AppleCare Support Technologies organization. The broader org manages all of the software, tools, and infrastructure that connect our customers to technical support Advisors. From this vantage point, the selected person will partner closely with and integrate multiple internal systems with a broad cross-functional team composed of members from the Contact Center, Information Security, Tools, Data Science, and more. The individual will oversee a portfolio of system security projects related to improving the customer and/or Advisor security from conception to implementation, including scoping in collaboration with senior management, creating a project plan with sequences and activities needed to successfully complete the project, determining the resources) required to complete the project, and determining the objectives and measures of success for the project. While security experience is a plus, the most important attribute for this person is a strong background in managing highly cross-functional and complex programs/projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g., business, information systems, computer science, computer programming, mathematics, or engineering): advanced degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of and experience driving projects related to security, privacy, risk, compliance, and/or fraud prevention
- Experience implementing security features on applications and/or networks
- Project Management Professional, Lean or Six Sigma certifications
- MBA or equivalent degree