Panel Process Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a world-class Panel Process and Optics Engineer with touch sensor and optical film process experience to join the PPO Engineering team. Panel Process and Optics engineers must have a strong technical background in a relevant technical field, for example display, semiconductor or touch panel patterning process and fabrication. A successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team to realize next-generation sensor technologies. This position demands technical strengths, together with great communication and organizational skills.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Proven track record and hands-on experience in photolithography, etching, thin film process integration, or nano imprint, inkjet, advanced dispensing, gravure coating, and other patterning technologies.
- Strong knowledge on optical film process, capacitive touch sensor.
- Demonstrated ability to perform DOE, SPC, Failure Analysis is a must.
- Experience in materials characterization: SEM, EDX, AFM, XRD, etc.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Strong will power to push critical issues to closure with high working efficiency.
- Knowledge and working experience of flexible or glass substrate, optical/electrical/mechanical design, optical simulation, electrochemical analysis, array, color filter, and touch sensor process development is highly desirable.
- Experience working with off shore suppliers and manufacturers
- A working understanding of high volume manufacturing processes
Lead advanced process technology investigation for touch sensor, and/or other input devices from the concepts to product ramp. Work closely with EPM, Optics, PD, Display, and Operation teams in Cupertino and Japan to carry out new concepts. Design and execute process experiments to develop state-of-the art panel process. Optimize and improve existing device design, thin film process window and materials for better optical, electrical, mechanical performance, reliability and lower cost. Lead failure analysis and guide Asia vendors to resolve any process, design, and optical issues in engineering phase, define quality control items and conduct FMEA.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or Master degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering and or related Engineering background