Security Incident Response Manager (SIRT)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This Position can be located in Austin (TX) or Santa Clara Valley (CA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an outstanding leader to run our world-class Security Incident Response Team (SIRT). You’ll be working across all of Apple driving incident response initiatives and collaborating with leadership, engineers, and third parties. This role is responsible for the growth, maturity, and daily operations of the global team that leads the response to Apple’s most critical security incidents.
- 5-10 years of technical hands on experience in Information Security with a focus on Incident Response
- Experience building and leading information security teams
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and an ability to lead multi-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage and discuss technical and business risk caused by security issues with business and legal partners at all levels
- Expertise in Incident Response, Compliance, Threat Modeling, Purple Teaming, and Risk Mitigation
- Exceptional analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience leading root cause analysis
- Proven background in Computer Science principles and domains of knowledge for computer networks, systems, and applications
This is a hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment. In this role you will lead the global team responsible for response to security threats facing the company. You and your team will help further develop the incident response program that protects Apple today and tomorrow. An ideal candidate is an experienced, highly motivated leader that embraces the opportunity to influence and evangelize security across the organization.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, equivalent degree, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience leading and growing information security teams
- SIRT is an on-call team and this role will include night, weekend, early morning and holiday support