Data Center Facilities Maintenance Technician
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you dream to work in a creative, dynamic and challenging work environment. We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities to continuously improve efficiencies for a high-demand Data Center Team. In this environment you will be responsible for overseeing detailed management solutions and reporting using a CMMS program to provide scheduled and on-demand maintenance for data center infrastructure. Partnering with Apple Data Center Operations team, EH&S and local agencies to deliver industry “Best Practices” and manufacturers’ standards. Developing scope of work, frequencies, and risk levels for maintenance performed at multiple locations.
- Oversee and schedule vendors and local Facilities Teams for approved tasks that are listed within the CMMS program.
- Maintain established maintenance frequency and scope standards for all tasks within the CMMS program.
- Maintain a detailed inventory of equipment and spare parts in the CMMS program.
- Monitor and route “On-Demand”maintenance activities.
- Ensure MOP/SOP/EOPs are associated to maintenance activities where applicable.
- Track and assist in the accurate and timely completion of all work order requests including associating and filing field service reports with CMMS task tickets.
- Provide detailed CMMS reporting and analytics to drive efficiency improvements. (Work order status, equipment deficiencies, time utilization, etc…)
- Monitor Apple Change Management systems to coordinate with Data Center personnel and Apple internal business groups to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed according to risk matrices.
- Administrative responsibilities of the CMMS to include add/remove user accounts, upgrades to the CMMS software program, training of new users, and add/changes of equipment records.
- Maintain data integrity of the database.
Skilled in computer literacy with experience in report generation and distribution to senior leadership. Experience in a critical site environment –Data Center preferred. Validated excellent verbal/written communication skills. Ability to prioritize and demonstrate excellent time management. Knowledge of electrical and HVAC systems to include: UPS, Emergency Generators, Fire Systems, and HVAC to include Chiller Plant equipment. Be an excellent teammate committed to working in a continuously improving, quality environment. Requires knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals sufficient to deal with service and repairs in a Critical Environment, with preference to Data Center infrastructure experience. Demonstrate an understanding of risk mitigation practices and their application in critical sites. Be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime as required and occasional travel within the US. Advanced knowledge of safety procedures and equipment, procedures and established techniques.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent or equivalent work experience