Data Scientist, Human Evaluation, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about analyzing data patterns for large scale search engines? As part of AMP, you will be a product expert and analyze of a diverse portfolio of Apple Media Product human evaluations tasks. The team represents the user’s perspective as they vet new features being introduced to AMP. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include analyzing and creating innovative ideas to help improve AMP search and recommendations features, and reporting systematic issues to leadership, engineering, and product teams.
- Deep understanding of the software development for machine-learned products and services, and how analytics and human evaluation data can help improve those products
- Self-sufficient in analyzing and drawing conclusions about the quality and product opportunity from raw and refined product data
- Good product sense, with the ability to translate between product goals, business goals and technical requirements for data analytics
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Innate capability to, directly and indirectly, influence large teams for success
- Excellent applied statistics skills, such as hypothesis testing, experimental design, sample size determination and non-parametric statistics
- Experience with big data systems and distributed computing, such as Hadoop
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, pandas, dplyr, NumPy, etc
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as GGplot, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive and SparkSQL
- Experience with programming languages such as Scala, Spark or Python
Lead the product vision and project execution for all data infrastructure, analytics, and offline evaluation for an AMP product line (App Store, Music, Books, etc.) Champion an industry-leading privacy-focused strategy for product measurement, human evaluation, and analytics. Own and evangelize best practices for product analysis, measurement, and instrumentation. Lead human evaluation design and management exercises. Evaluate and improve the quality of KPIs for key products by analyzing customer pain points. Empower others to understand and leverage data for decision making. Ensure the measurement of new features are designed and instrumented in every release cycle. Productize dashboards that help product teams to improve Search & Recommendations every day. Work with leadership to build a strategy that allows us to leverage our data to create automatic feedback loops that improve the AMP products. Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines; clearly, communicate project progress to leads and executive team.
Education & Experience
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related discipline. PhD preferred.