Audio Systems QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you interested in an outstanding opportunity to contribute on a highly motivated team passionate about ensuring quality user experiences happen on the world’s most creative and engaging consumer audio electronics products? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? The Advanced Audio Devices SQA Team is seeking a highly driven, dynamic, and skilled test engineer with background in core audio and wireless technologies, guiding, and operating closely with the multi-functional teams to champion product quality. Do you like working on a team that makes a difference on the products they work on? Bring your passion to help us work collaboratively with our engineering partners to improve our software and hardware. Contribute as part of our diverse team of test engineers using flexibility and creativity to qualify features on our products that our customers love to use. You will use your outstanding talents to help make our products more fun, reliable and accessible to everyone. Are you looking to work at a company that values your unique point of view?
- Demonstrates QA skills with at least 2 complete product cycles, from inception to customer shipment. Experience shipping customer facing products a plus
- Understanding of Bluetooth or similar wireless technologies
- Experience with hardware and/or software development lifecycle
- Understanding of Digital Audio, Bluetooth Audio, and Embedded Audio systems
- Experience with testing embedded consumer electronics or mobile devices
- Ability to work with multi-functional and remote teams to collectively achieve test goals
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Experience with defect tracking systems (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Develop test tools, automation or other solutions to help improve product quality - Lead and drive test efforts run at our overseas lab in China, working with our overseas counterpart to run and expand test coverage - Understand, expand and learn Bluetooth technologies, both current and new - Use test methods to collect and analyze audio - Verify key features of one or more products and/or software updates - Build and execute tests to ensure the customer experience with Apple products - Build test plans and be involved in the implementation of testing strategies and methodologies. - Identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs in automated, structured and open styles of testing. - Work collectively with your abilities to assist other teams to: implement and test new features, regress critical areas and drive resolution of issues.
Education & Experience
- BS EE/CE/CS or equivalent (MS preferred)