New Media Counsel, Original Content - Legal & Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love tackling big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an extraordinary new media attorney.
- 4+ years relevant experience
- A mix of law firm and on-point, in-house legal experience
- Deep understanding of new-media production across different types of programming
- Established, positive relationships within the entertainment industry
- Experience with new media distribution, non scripted content and other new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects at a time
The Original Content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of original content. In this role, you will oversee all legal aspects of Apple’s new media content including development and production activities. You will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator and drafter, an energetic team member on the ground, and a counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar required.