Clearance Manager - Original Content, Legal & Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Are you embarrassingly passionate about clearances, and excited to create the smoothest, most user-friendly clearance process around? Apple’s Original Content Legal team is looking for someone to help us do just that, for our films and shows. Our Clearance Manager will be an expert on the legal rights and risks that affect content, as well as the industry norms built up around them, and how to guide our productions through it all in a brisk, practical way.
- Five or more years' experience handling clearances for scripted and non scripted productions for shows and films, ideally in-house at a studio: Running clearance kickoff meetings; maintaining show-specific clearance logs; reaching out for third-party licenses; providing on-the-spot advice about worldwide clearance issues, from murals and statues to books and t-shirts, and everything in between; reviewing scripts, cuts, and marketing assets; and, in the final stage, ensuring that everyone who needs to know about talent, marketing, localization, or other distribution restrictions has them in a timely manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and congenially with our partners on both internal and external teams. At a production level, establish and maintain close relationships and open lines of communication with personnel on set. At the corporate level, identify and foster key connections within our creative, business, marketing, brand management, and other teams, domestically and abroad, to ensure content is produced in alignment with Apple’s objectives.
- Knowledge of clip licensing including Guild reuse payments
- Knowledge of new-media production across different types of programming.
- Established, strong relationships within the entertainment industry.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Sound judgment, strong social & organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
You will have deep knowledge of how productions work— who’s who on set, what they need, and when — and how we can best support them while ensuring Apple’s business and legal needs are met, too. You’ll have big ideas about how best to do this, the flexibility and egolessness to shift plans on the fly, with deep pride in your work and a sense of humor behind it all. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences; just imagine what you could do here.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and excellent academic credentials