3D RENDERING AND GRAPHICS SOFTWARE ENGINEER - APPLE MAPS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
What solutions to common problems are around the corner? How will graphics evolve? What will be possible within our lifetime? Join our team and be part of a technology revolution. We designed and crafted the new 3D Maps “Look Around” feature! Our team designs and develops ground breaking graphics and rendering technologies for forward-facing products. We are looking for creative and dynamic Rendering and Graphics Software Engineers to join us in our efforts to imagine what is possible in the rendering space on current and future technologies! As a member of our team, you will be working with Product Design and other multi-functional software and hardware engineering teams to develop new rendering algorithms and user facing products. Collaborating with others, you will use your graphics and performance knowledge to push the boundaries of visual user experiences.
- Strong C++ and architecture design skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of linear algebra and rendering algorithms
- Good understanding of memory management and multi-core systems
- Experience with Metal, Direct3D, OpenGL or Vulkan
- Understanding of lighting models and PostFX
- Knowledge of profiling and optimization strategies
- Experience shipping user facing features on games or similar mediums
- Excellent communication skills with creative experience working with multi-disciplined and multi-functional teams is highly desired.
- Conduct code reviews and hiring interviews
Our team is dynamic and collaborative, and we are passionate about exploring an uncharted and quickly evolving domain. As our team-member, you will contribute by crafting and developing a new awe-inspiring rendering architecture; a challenge demanding rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality. You'll possess a keen understanding of state of the art interactive 3D applications and have focused determination to discover what the future holds in this space. We are a cohesive and committed team, working together to understand how to meld existing rendering technologies while looking ahead to answer questions which never before have been pursued.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or relevant experience is desired.
- The following skills are optional, but knowledge of one or more of these areas would be valuable:
- Experience developing a game or engine
- Experience developing for macOS or iOS
- AR/VR and/or Computer Vision experience