Product Development Quality Engineer- Display Ops
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished mechanical engineer to lead development and ramp for a next generation Apple product.
- Product Design engineering experience with extensive knowledge of GD&T practices
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods and theory
- Working knowledge of Optical (OMM) and Contact Measurement (CMM) Equipment
- Display experience a plus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Mandarin or Korean language skills are a plus but not required
Mechanical Quality Engineer responsibilities include: - Review and provide feedback on design/design intent of display components and assemblies. - Work closely with PD and Display engineering teams to set standard measurement practices based on design intent - Partner with cross functional teams to evaluate designs and processes at the concept phase and set expectations for measurement and manufacturing processes. - Align with engineering teams on design intent vs. dimensional control for all mechanical control documents - Drive design of experiments to prove out manufacturing processes or design iterations. - Drive design and process corrective actions cross-functionally with internal and external team members. - Design and develop technically complex measurement processes to improve quality and efficiency - Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations - International travel to supplier sites, up to 30%
Education & Experience
BS (MS preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with ~5 years experience in Product Design or Manufacturing
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.