Security Engineer/Triage Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. You'll be at the forefront of Apple's security and threat intelligence capabilities, impacting the breadth of Apple's ecosystem by working on immediate risks to Apple's customers. Working with some of the best security engineers in the world, you’ll have a direct positive impact on the security of Apple’s products. The product security response engineering team has highly motivated, world-class engineers responsible for researching security issues across Apple products.
- Triage, analyze and investigate security issues reported to Apple Analyze issues and pivot off available data to discover new threats
- Interface with the other teams to develop novel solutions to problems
- Provide guidance to engineering teams regarding mitigations to emerging threats
- Deep understanding of security vulnerabilities
- Experience building tools and automation
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience in applications and OS security Ability to explain security problems
- Ability to track and manage numerous parallel activities
- Strong communication skills, particularly written communication
- Lateral thinking is critical for handling incomplete information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
You will join a team that passionately protects Apple and our customers from all emerging security threats. You will be focused on identifying threats and building tools to analyze, automate and discover security issues. You will cover the gamut of what Apple offers, including iOS, iCloud, OS X and Windows. To be successful in this role you will need to keep a cool head in crisis and possess a drive to solve hard problems, sound judgment under pressure, a strong technical background, attention to detail and exceptional lateral and executive communication skills. You will need to coordinate between many stakeholders, set expectations for deliverables from many different teams, be the owner of various security initiatives and ultimately be responsible for its success. In this role you are responsible for triaging security issues in our products. The goal is to review security issues, more in-depth analyses of security incidents with specific ability to identify security risk, assess issues and root cause analyses. Finally, implement triaging protocols to mitigate potential impacts.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.