Product Manager, Identity - Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. The Apple Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team is rapidly growing, entering new markets and adding innovative new features to our products. We are seeking a top-flight Identity product professional with industry experience in physical and digital identity to join us on the journey of replacing the physical wallet and enabling new trusted interactions in the physical and digital world. In this role, you will help chart the future direction of Identity in Apple Wallet and execution against that long-term strategy. You should have significant consumer product management experience and a track record launching at-scale products and services. You possess a strong technical background and the ability to methodically assess, prioritize and solve complex problems in the physical and digital identity space. You demonstrate attention to detail and focus on excellent customer-centric solutions. Ability to tackle an independent work stream and drive progress is key. This is a full-time role located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- Expertise in secure identity document development, issuance and lifecycle for citizens and government agencies
- Working knowledge of the advancements in biometrics and their use for authentication
- Knowledge of identity verification techniques; assurance levels and regulatory frameworks
- Experience working on technical initiatives with Federal, State or Local Governments — or similar experience in international governments
- Knowledge and/or experience working with law enforcement organizations and agencies a plus in particular in the standard operating procedures for identification of citizens
- Proficiency with Apple products and applications is preferred
We are looking for an individual with a proven background in developing and delivering Digital Identity products and services. The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of experience in online and physical identity product and service development and management. You will partner directly with the Wallet; Payments and Commerce Business; Engineering; and other functional teams across Apple; as well as working with external partners to enable new consumer experiences. The selected candidate will challenge assumptions and design solutions first and foremost with Apple’s customers in mind despite the complexity that is often behind the scenes in identity issuance and management. Travel will be required.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. EE/CS or equivalent