Engineering Project Manager, Pricing and Partner Payment Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you can do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you can accomplish. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to launch new features and tools for pricing, partner on-boarding and payment systems. You will play a pivotal role in designing and driving the engineering for the rights, availability, pricing, partner on-boarding, contract administration, and payment features for upcoming product launches. You will get an opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of opportunities from long-term strategic projects for Apple to near term business initiatives and the pricing aspects of marquise new features for the services, including the App Store (including Arcade), Apple Music, Apple TV+, News+, iCloud, iTunes Stores, Books and more. This is a hands-on position where the Project Manager will be involved with scheduling and roadmap planning, requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This role requires working closely with global and cross-functional teams, such as Engineering, QA, Digital Supply Chain, Business, Marketing, Legal and Finance. We're looking for an outstanding individual with a solid track record of managing complex technical and business projects under demanding timelines. In addition to having mastered the fundamentals, we'd like to encourage you to take responsibility as you will feel a personal stake in the product you ship. You get to communicate how things work. You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it. You have deep wisdom and judgement. You keep your eye on the ball. You create positive relationships and are aware of politics but do not get mired in them. You are constantly looking to make improvements and to those on the teams around you.
- - At least 5-7 years of program, project or product management in software development. An owner with a clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- - Naturally accountable and responsible, fostering trust and building authentic relationships. Self-starting, ambitious, proactive, and self-sufficient.
- - Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- - Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- - Strong technical proficiency, fierce attention to details, relentless at follow up and demanding of quality.
- - Advance quantitative and analytical skills.
- - Programming skills a plus.
- - Strong Excel and Keynote skills.
- - Proficiency in utilizing project management and collaboration tools.
- - Experience in global commerce platforms, pricing and payments preferred.
- Maintain current year roadmap and assist in the prioritization of projects and improvements, keeping alignment between the various business, product, engineering and QA organizations. - Deliver large-to-small scale projects (many cross-functional) timely and in scope that have pricing, vendor automation and partner payment consolidation engineering efforts. - Lead critical aspects of each project including scope, design, resource allocation and all technical dependencies, providing a bridge with other engineering and EPM teams. - Own overall cross-functional schedules and in particular detailed engineering and QA timelines. - Drive the execution phase of every project, monitoring radar, and ensure open items are acted on timely. - Collaborate with Engineering, Legal, Finance, Operations, Design and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions for project challenges. - Communicate project status and progress regularly to appropriate partners and leadership, advancing risks and uncertainties to product management as identified.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management Science, or Computer Science OR a business / MBA degree with engineering/quantitative background