Product Support Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Support and Service
AppleCare Engineering is the voice of the customer and drives customer issues to resolution! We strive to discover opportunities that exist within Apple's products to drive product usability improvements! Our team is responsible for Media Products and Services (App Store & Apps, Apple Music/iTunes, Arcade, TV & Video, News, Books, Podcasts), payment methods and Billing platform (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS) support. We are the conduit between Apple’s customers and products, contributing to the product and services quality. You will be a product expert at identifying, quantifying and qualifying top field issues. You will partner with multi-functional groups among Product Engineering, Marketing and AppleCare to develop and implement support plans, drive product improvements and build self-help solutions.
- High energy with ability to balance multiple priorities
- Analytical thinker who grows with data collection, analysis, and strategic decision-making based on quantitative results
- Scrupulous attention to detail and technically proficient in Apple Technology
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritization of ongoing responsibilities with business critical product launches and critical issues
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal mentorship, self-motived and reliable
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver assigned work on time
- Ability to translate technical topics into customer facing content.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
Product Support Engineer is a technically savvy individual and a customer advocate. You are also a natural leader who understands the big picture for Apple in terms of customer support. You thrive in dynamic environments, can run multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, and works well in teams. In this role, your responsibilities will include; research, investigate, and provide high quality guidance on product issue escalations. You will research and implement appropriate interventions to resolve or mitigate product issues and support processes. You will provide expert technical and customer support, status information, issue resolution and other forms of assistance to customer support groups. You will collaborate extensively with multi-functional teams like AMP Operations, Store Engineering, Technical Support teams, Marketing, Contact Center Operations, and Digital teams. Work with Apple engineering, third party companies and conducts independent research in the lab as necessary, providing expert, high level troubleshooting and issue isolation for product issues. Work closely and maintain relationships with business partners with the objective of responding to support issues. Partner with analysis and reporting teams to understand overall support impact. Respond to technical issues that are obtained from exception processes. Support prioritization of product issue investigation efforts, including the review of issue drivers. Reviews and enables data collection methods, to ensure they are logical and meet the support needs for successful AC Engineering activities. Help build customer insight and product feedback reports to drive action with partners as necessary. Attend, contribute, host meetings associated with assigned products. Report product issues to Apple Engineering and Product Marketing, prioritizing as necessary. Host meetings as appropriate to present and respond to customer issues. Routinely seek out opportunities to interact with primary escalation audience through meetings, feedback, and other means. Work with a global mindset to ensure in-region and out-of-region product issues are investigated, understood and the best possible response plans set up. Contribute to product quality assessment by analyzing customer insights, case data, blocking issues and other data sources. Partner with Product Support Readiness to identify potential issues in product development phases. Act as a task force leader by coordinating, planning, and implementing special technical projects which may require providing work direction to other employees. May act in a supervisory role on a project by project basis.
Education & Experience
- BS degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred), Finance or Economics Bachelor’s, Masters or MBA degree or equivalent experience. - Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in technical area.
- - Technical proficiency with client/server environments and Internet Services.
- - Knowledge of iOS, Mac OS, watch OS, TV OS and Windows operating systems, and familiarity with Apple apps.
- - Fluency in multiple languages is a plus, Mandarin preferred.