Silicon Validation Hardware NPI Engineering Program Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Silicon Validation (SiVal) Hardware Program Management Team is looking for a resourceful, energetic New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineering Program Specialist (EPS) who will be responsible for supporting custom silicon validation hardware development from concept through build at local contract manufacturers (CM), and distribution across multi-functional teams. Successful candidates will have a consistent record of enabling larger multi-functional teams to deliver complex systems efficiently and with high quality. The ideal candidate will understand the who, what and how of hardware system development, orchestrate all of it into a build plan and schedule, then expertly lead execution of the build plan from RFQs through HW delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity.
- Detailed project tracking and history of meeting deliverables.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of NPI processes.
- Experience managing, organizing, and maintaining large quantities of data.
- Experience collaborating with operations team, vendors, and contract manufacturers.
- Proficient in MS Excel; Agile, SAP, Numbers, Keynote knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with PCB and SMT design and development helpful.
• Create Purchase Requisitions for CM and consigned parts, maintain invoice tracking, posting Goods Receipts and participating in regular finance audits • Coordinate with Engineering, DV, and DFM to consolidate PCB requirements and close any issues/supplier’s questions prior and after OK2FAB. • Lead entire RFQ and build process with PCB suppliers and SMT CM. • Consolidate build requirements from Engineering team; create, update and communicate SMT build matrix to CM. • Lead materials clear-to-build (CTB) and drive closure of material issues. • Lead SMT build readiness call and coordinate closure of open items before build. • Host quarterly service review meetings with the CM and drive follow-up actions. • Plan and forecast long lead components, and communicate demand with key suppliers; propose optimized supply planning to ensure on-time build schedules. • Support materials budget planning and spend management.
Education & Experience
BS degree with 3-5 years of comparable professional experience required, degrees in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred.