Senior iOS Developer - Apple Maps Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Searching for direction in your next job? Join our team and you can help deliver a new search experience to millions of Apple customers to positively impact their daily lives. The solutions designed from our iOS App Development Team increase user-engagement by improving cool new search features for our Maps App such as “Look Around” while caring about privacy and the quality of our results.
- 5+ years of hands-on app development experience
- Strong Objective-C or Swift skills
- Experience crafting UI designs which delight users and are easy to navigate.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- A keen eye for excellent design and knowledge of applying these principals to multiple displays
- You have superb communication skills and desire working with many teams in a dynamic setting
As a member of our Maps Search team, your responsibility will be implementing new UI search experiences, but you'll often find yourself working at different levels of the stack in order to pull off challenging features. You should feel comfortable moving fluidly from network programming to framework and application development. You'll be maintaining and improving not just Maps, but also its integration with Siri, Spotlight, Safari, and other supporting frameworks. With queries such as "Where is the nearest train station" to "Where can I buy a new softball glove?" We believe these questions are not only important to you, but that we can actually make your life easier if we provide you with the right answers! We strive to provide as much detailed and accurate information as possible, and we integrate all of this into our Maps app so you can access this data seamlessly while you are on the go. As the face of the Maps app running on iOS, macOS, watchOS, and CarPlay, every engineer on our team can have an enormous impact on the products we ship.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Equivalent plus experience developing apps, building frameworks, or developing UI's will be considered.
- Experience working with Apple platforms, particularly iOS, watchOS, macOS, or CarPlay