Vendor Manager for Emerging Programs
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The AppleCare Global Vendor Strategy team is seeking a Vendor Manager for Emerging Programs (VMEP) to drive the strategic direction and operational performance of an emerging program in our outsourced footprint. This position will be based on-site in Austin, TX.
- Experience with emergency services or PSAP (Public Safety Answering Point) operations.
- Extensive contact center or PSAP experience of five years or more including start up experience from program inception to sustainment.
- Experience in the management of outsourced suppliers delivering customer-facing support - either on the client or partner side.
- Experience with “white glove” services with extremely tight service level targets.
- Ability to interpret complex analysis, standards documents, legal and regulatory requirements, and business information.
- Project management / business process reengineering experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate with regional partners.
- Experience leading complex outsourcing and partner relationships across a wide range of hierarchy levels.
- Effective negotiation skills and the ability to inspire change
- Travel is required (30-50%)
This Vendor Manager will initially engage in defining the scope and requirements of a new program, and eventually, in its sourcing, implementation, and launch. Once operational, this VMEP will engage with assigned site(s) to own daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance, through effective improvement plans and acting as the primary point of contact for Apple on all operational matters. An ideal VMEP for this specific role will exhibit personal accountability for performance, and ensure their site(s) are meeting or tracking toward targets. You will join a team of peers who manage multiple outsource contact center sites worldwide. This team partners with internal groups, including AppleCare contact center management and operations teams, forecasting and analytics, workforce management, training, and quality to ensure information flows efficiently between Apple and outsource partners.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Degree in business, public safety, emergency management, or a related field and at least eight years experience in a public safety communications agency; OR at least twelve years experience in a public safety communications agency. One or more public safety certifications such as: NENA Emergency Number Professional or Center Manager Certification Program; IAED Certified Center Manager.