Human Engineering Validation Team Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Human Engineering Validation team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced manager to lead a talented team responsible for the development and execution of natural behavior human user studies involving new and previous released technology. Your main responsibilities include overseeing device bring-up, data collection and analysis, distilling the data for cross-functional partners, and expanding the team and its technical infrastructure to accommodate Apple’s product roadmap. We are seeking an individual with proven leadership, management, and team building skills comfortable working in a rapidly changing, collaborative environment. Do you have an analytical mind and enjoy solving challenging problems in a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you like working on a team that makes a difference with the products they create? You can help to drive and improve the quality of future Apple products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Come join a creative team of engineers and researchers dedicated to keeping Apple products the highest in the industry.
- Proven technical leadership with 5+ years of team management or leadership experience
- Solid experience in research design, specifically involving naturalistic human behavior evaluations
- Experience testing and shipping projects with iOS, watchOS, PadOS, macOS, or tvOS.
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., linear HE models, parametric and non-parametric tests, probability models and theory, distribution fitting), QA techniques, and design of experiments
- Team Builder: Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best quality minded individuals
- Priority Driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing and dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution
- Ability to build credibility and relationships across a large company, and demonstrate those relationships to drive broad reciprocal initiatives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including executive level presentations; ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience
- Coding or scripting experience to support test automation and tool development
- Ability to dive deep technically and understand the small technical nuances of a system
- Mentor and coach Engineers - develop high growth employees and retain key talent - Define and drive appropriate performance metrics for each system - Communicate status and key insights to cross-functional teams and management Identify gaps in study coverage, define new tests, and develop automation improvements - Collaborate tightly with cross-functional teams on high-profile, critical projects to drive issues and improvements
Education & Experience
BS in computer science or relevant and equivalent experience required including concentrations of human factors, electrical engineering, quality assurance, industrial engineering, cognitive engineering, experimental psychology, and/or human-computer interaction.