Keyboard User Interface Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
With billions of messages typed everyday, the keyboard is among the most frequently used software applications on the planet. Our team makes that happen! The Keyboard team is responsible for the text input experience across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, and we are constantly exploring new innovations to make the text input experience better and also reach all our customers around the world who use many different languages. We’re looking for an exceptional software engineering manager to manage a team responsible for the Keyboard User Interface and wants to make a positive impact on our users’ typing experience. The ideal candidate wants to tackle big problems and cares about getting the little details right.
- Extensive experience with UI development and design iteration.
- Deep passion for the field of Keyboard & Text Input.
- Experience in shipping high quality software products, especially on iOS or macOS.
- Experience with managing and growing a team of talented engineers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where the product definition can change over the course of the development cycle.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, including clear communication while driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Understanding of the challenges encountered in making a global product that needs to work for customers all around the world who use different languages and customs.
The Keyboard team is looking for an outstanding leader who can lead, motivate, collaborate, and create. This leader will help shape the experience for nearly every single customer who uses an Apple product, whether it be an iPhone or a MacBook. Daily duties will include working with cross-functional teams to drive Keyboard features to support new initiatives, ship high-quality software, be responsive to emerging issues, as well as developing a vision for the future of the product.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience