Survey Research Program Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Are you obsessed with understanding and improving the customer experience? Are you biased towards driving your stakeholders to action? Do you have the attention to detail required to manage large-scale tracker surveys? If these describe you, then the AppleCare Customer Insights team may be a great opportunity. Apple is recognized as having the best customer support in the industry, and the Customer Insights team is chartered with delivering high-quality guidance and intelligence essential to improving the customer experience.
- You must have demonstrated success in three key areas: Measuring the customer experience, Managing multiple ongoing tracking surveys, and Bias towards action
- Do you have an insatiable and demonstrated curiosity to answer the question “why,” particularly as it relates to measuring the customer experience at B2C or consumer electronics companies?
- You have direct, hands-on experience building or supervising Customer Experience (CX) measurement, such as Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), Voice of the Customer (VoC), or Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- You have navigated complexity and ambiguity in the business’ problems, and have successfully designed the right methodology to get to the core questions necessary for understanding the customer experience
- While you are an expert in survey methodology and questionnaire design, you know that best practices need to be balanced with the needs and speed of the business
- Do you have the attention to detail required for managing multiple ongoing tracking surveys?
- Have a successful track record in program management, including hands-on technical backend operation support
- Feel confident in designing and managing your own programs/projects with minimal supervision; able to “live in the gray” and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience directing complex, parallel work-streams with many cross-functional teams and dependencies
- Are you influential with a bias towards action? You have experience performing advanced analysis on your own, but simply reporting on data is not enough for you. You have told stories with data in order to drive recommendations.
- Experience conducting advanced statistics (e.g., multiple linear regression) in tools like SPSS or R
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust your approach to accommodate your audience
- A proven track record of transforming data into insights to influence business decisions/strategies
The AppleCare Customer Insights team is seeking a Survey Research Program Manager at either of its Sunnyvale, CA or Austin, TX headquarters. A Survey Research Program Manager must be able to transform data into insights that impact the business. A passion for processing information and improving the customer experience is a must. As part of the Customer Insights Team, this position covers creating and maintaining survey-based customer feedback programs. This high-visibility role is program management focused, but also includes custom research design, data management, data analysis, and presentations to AppleCare leadership. As a member of this team you will advocate for the customer. In order to represent the voice of AppleCare’s customers, you will be asked to: Manage several ongoing customer satisfaction tracking programs Proactively work with senior leadership and cross-functional teams to identify knowledge gaps, and design research to further improve the customer experience Merge multiple sources of information to conduct quantitative data analysis Synthesize data into insights to deliver actionable recommendations that influence business strategy
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience measuring the Customer Experience (CX), or Advanced degree plus 2 years of CX experience
- Preferred Skills: Experience leading CSAT or NPS tracking programs Research operations and/or marketing operations skills Intermediate Teradata SQL, Tableau, Data visualization Advanced statistics (e.g., multiple linear regression), R, SPSS