UX Writer, Health Strategic Initiatives
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Have you ever wanted to work on something that really matters? Is it meaningful to you to help others live longer, more fulfilling lives? The Health Strategic Initiatives team is focused on just that — enabling individuals to live a healthier, happier life through our products. We are an experienced team of business leaders, doctors, designers, writers, product managers, and data scientists. We work in a collaborative and dynamic environment where we are constantly pushing ourselves to create delightful user experiences. We’re looking for an experienced UX writer who wants to help shape the content for Apple’s Health initiatives with partners. You’ll work on a tight-knit team of creative professionals alongside industry experts and world-class technologists to reimagine how people manage their health and wellness, and help them achieve their health goals. This is an incredible opportunity to impact millions of people.
- A passion for language and for creating elegant app-based user experiences.
- Significant experience working with UX copy, especially for mobile apps.
- A deep understanding of UX and how copy and design support each other.
- The ability to find the absolute shortest way to engage users and clearly communicate an idea.
- The ability to bring a subject to life through storytelling, clear and concise writing, and a knack for finding the most compelling angle.
- The ability to collaborate well with designers, project managers, subject-matter experts, and partners.
- An understanding of how (and why) to measure the success of your work.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects with multiple teams.
- The ability to be flexible and change to meet evolving requirements.
- Comfort asking questions and tracking down answers.
- Knowledge of iOS, watchOS, macOS, and office apps.
- Knowledge of Sketch or other design tools would be great.
- Experience with wireframes or functional specs is a plus.
Write copy for iOS app-based user experiences that are engaging, delightful, and easy. This includes interface copy, messages, and other communications. Craft health-related content that inspires people to take action and make positive changes in their life. Use your knowledge with Apple products — especially iPhone and Apple Watch —and work closely with multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers, clinicians, and researchers to help create amazing user experiences. Unpack the complexity of various requirements (business, data source, engineering restrictions, timeline, etc.) and come up with a solution that strikes the right balance of user needs, business goals, and clinical insights. Work autonomously in producing high-quality deliverables through all phases of the project. Collaborate with designers and other experts to create interactive prototypes that validate concepts. Insert yourself into discussions that are important to your work; if you don’t see a metaphorical seat at the table, pull one up without hesitation. Bring your love of words and language, along with your passion for style, grammar, tone, and voice, to everything you do.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher