Camera Process Development Engineer, Japan
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here! We have an extraordinary opportunity for you to be part of our Process and Test Engineering group, responsible to develop assembly and test processes, equipment and materials for groundbreaking optical modules. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting feasibility studies for new technologies and new process, material development. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Minimum 5 years of experience in R&D for camera module process development and good understanding of optics alignment process in 6 degrees of freedom
- Proven experience in design of experiment, engineering statistic, root cause analysis and problem solving. Experience for active alignment process, optics bonding equipment, image and optical test is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of adhesive, epoxy or other bonding material and its interaction with the process
- Familiarity with different metrology tools and quantitative measurement methodology
- Clear and effective written and communication skill, and an inventive and resourceful mind
We are seeking an energetic and ambitious engineer who will conduct proof of concept evaluation, DOEs and perform process characterisation. This will include establishment of baseline process, critical metrics, design guidelines for manufacturability and define procedures and metrologies. Generating engineering report base on studies and evaluation and reporting of engineering studies to multi-functional team.
Education & Experience
Degree in Engineering, Physics, Materials or relevant industry experience is required.