Embedded Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group has immediate openings for Embedded Firmware Engineers. In this role you will help develop system state and power control, software update, communication firmware and device drivers along with providing diagnostics interfaces and test functionality. The position requires high level thinking to architect code and hardware solutions along with low level firmware programming and excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Working on this technology you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the implementation and quality of Apple's next generation products. Our environment fosters innovation within a creative solution space.
- 4+ years of embedded firmware development using C/C++.
- Working knowledge of hardware design for embedded applications.
- Ability to read and review board schematics.
- Experience with advanced micro-controllers, especially those which are ARM based.
- Experience with micro-controller peripherals including I2C/SMBus, UART, SPI, CAN, ADC converters.
- Experience in designing multi-threaded and multi-processor embedded controller applications.
- Hands on experience with test equipment including scopes, analyzers, and multi-meters.
- Experience with code management tools like Git.
- Excellent leadership, communication and team work skills.
Core Responsibilities: -Ownership of state and power control firmware. -Ownership of communication and interface technologies. -Writing code in C for embedded controller applications. -Analyzing telemetry and control responses. -Support product development builds locally and remotely
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in EE or CE
- Highly desired:
- - Working knowledge of embedded controller RTOS
- - Scripting experience using Python or similar scripting languages