Software Engineer – Data/Backend, AMP Data Science & Analytics
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an experienced Software Engineer who are passionate about Machine Learning related applications for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Arcade, Apple Music/iTunes, Video, TV and other services to join AMP Data Science & Analytics team. You will dive deep into AMP’s internet-scale data to build machine learning services and products that will improve the entire analytics efforts.
- 2+ years of experience working in Software Engineer related role focusing on backend or data pipeline development. You should have in-depth understanding of data structures, algorithms and the ability to transfer requirements and technical challenges into solid implementation.
- Strong programming skills in one of the programming languages: Python, Java, Scala.
- Database development experience with Relational or distributed systems such as Oracle, Teradata, PostgreSQL, HDFS
- Backend development experience with large scale services and APIs.
- Hands-on experience in building Big Data application using Java, Scala, SQL, Hive, Spark is a huge plus.
- Experience for optimizing Spark application preferred
- Excellent communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Good team player.
We are looking for candidates with strong engineering skills to help build proven data system for our Machine Learning related products and services. This role will work on both building new automated data pipelines for our engineering system and scaling the performance of existing systems to next level. You will also have the opportunities to tackle the real world challenge on internet-scale big data from Apple’s products and services. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with data science and business partners to deliver sound engineering solutions.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or other relevant field with equivalent technical experiences.